Saturday, February 18, 2006

the robot ate me


Hello. It's Saturday morning and grey and I feel like watching cartoons. I can't though, because there is no TV for watching cartoons in my home. So instead, I listen to The Robot Ate Me since listening to some of the songs reminds me somehow of cartoons. Yeah... I don't know what I mean by that either.

The Robot Ate Me falls under the category of "one man band", following in the footsteps of other greats like Cat Power and Smog. The man in this case is Ryland and he delivers quirky lyrics and tender melodies that have a vulnerable quality to them. I would like to be able to pick a favorite album by him but really I think you should just listen to them all. I am dead serious. Don't make me pick one. If you really need to read a million words about how great all his albums are, then you can go here. Don't be a silly monkey though. Music is for listening to...not reading about! Go out and buy an album. You can listen to mp3s by going to his website here or you can also click here for more. And maybe if you are feeling good, you could make yourself a nice cup of hot cocoa and watch one or both of the music videos. There is the haunting one here. And the silly one is here. A new album is expected to be out in June with a tour to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home