Friday, April 14, 2006

ingrid michaelson



Ingrid Michaelson is many things to many people. To some she is a 14th century faith healer. To others she is a prison escape expert. To the vast majority of people who know of her she is: a downright sick new york city based singer/songwriter. I tend to cringe a bit when I say / hear the words "singer songwriter" I use them here only by default. Her songs are fully arranged and textured by one of the better backing bands I have heard in a long time. The whole shebang ends up coming across a lot more like Rilo Kiley or Azure Ray than Ani Difranco & Melissa Etheridge or whatever you think when you hear "singer/songwriter". Next month her new album drops. Having heard all of it I can tell you with all honesty it is worth marking May 27th on your calendar. If you find yourself in New York on said date come by The Bitter End (Bleeker Street) at 8:30 for the record release party, foo'.

her myspace: Ingrid Michaelson has 4 songs for your listening pleasure. I recommend "Breakable" to start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home