Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Jason Collet


Jason Collet is part of the Broken Social Scene family. Is that enough? It was for me. Idols of Exile is Jason's new album and unlike any other member of the Canadian supergroup this collection offers songs which are more focused and stripped down. My sister deemed this countrified. I have issues cataloguing music, but these songs do lean in the direction of southern music. Sisters know best

The album features cameos from other Arts & Crafts members. Amy Millan and Kevin Drew guest star in Fire. Metric's Emily Haines lends her vocals to "Hangover Days", my favorite track of the album, it makes me want to take a road trip through the middle of the country, but then gas prices and motel rates dissuade me.

Jason Collet - Hangover Days mp3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home